Fire at Kalyani JNM: The fire broke out at Kalyani JNM Medical College. The fire broke out at around 8:30 pm. The fire started at the back of the isolation ward of JNM Medical College. The fire engine reached the spot and brought the fire under control. The emergency department of the hospital was closed for a while.
Ajay Chakraborty, health director of the medical college, said, “The fire started behind the isolation ward of JNM Medical College around 8:30 pm. The fire engine brought the situation under control. There was no damage to the property. There was only one patient in the isolation ward. He was rushed to a safe place. Attempts are now being made to reopen the emergency department.
Fire in Covid Ward of JNM Hospital, Kalyani. The fire broke out in the Kovid ward of the hospital at around 9.45 pm. A patient was admitted to the isolation ward. The patient was brought out immediately after the fire broke out. How to fire in the hospital again? Nothing is known about it yet.
Two fire engines arrived at the scene. The service has been temporarily disrupted. Also closed emergency services. Initially, some parts of the hospital, including the emergency department, were without electricity. Later, however, the electricity service is normal. The hospital superintendent said, “There was only one patient in the isolation ward. He was taken to a safe place as soon as he saw the smoke. It is not clear how the fire started. The fire is under control. A part of the power supply has been cut off for safety.”
Earlier last month, a fire broke out in Covid19 Ward of Burdwan Medical College Hospital. Sandhya Mandal, a resident of Baramuria in Galsi in East Burdwan, died in the blaze on Saturday morning. According to the source, the fire broke out while the patient was burning incense to kill the mosquito with a lighter. Forensic experts from the State Forensic Laboratory visited the site of the fire at Burdwan Medical College today. Sources said that the report of the three-member special investigation team of the health department was submitted today. How did the fire start? Multiple questions started to arise about that.
The Fact-Finding Team of the West Bengal Health Department arrived at Burdwan Medical College Hospital earlier. After a lengthy interrogation of the doctors, nurses, and health workers on duty at Covid Ward, the investigation team has already reported to the health building. According to Swastha Bhawan, the fact-finding team’s preliminary report states, “CCTV footage and other surrounding incidents have shown that a fire broke out in the Covid ward of Burdwan Medical College Hospital. The disaster occurred while trying to light a fire. There were no reports of injuries or damage to electrical equipment in the Covid ward. ” Probably a fire broke out when the patient took off his oxygen mask and lit incense to kill mosquitoes with a lighter. Lighter recovered. The fire was confined to the patient’s bed. But how did the lighter come to him? The family of the deceased has already raised that question.